Since its founding in 1959, the Institute for European Politics (IEP) has been a non-profit organization dedicated to the study of European integration. It is one of the leading foreign and European policy research centres in the Federal Republic of Germany and serves as a forum for exchange between academia, politics, administration and political education. The IEP's mission is to apply scholarly research to issues of European politics and integration, propose ways forward and promote the practical implementation of its research findings. The IEP is a founding member of the Trans-European Policy Studies Association (TEPSA) and has been a member of the German European Movement since 1962.
The IEP fulfils this mission by:
- planning and conducting research projects
- establishing and supporting interdisciplinary and international study groups
- contributing to the European policy dialogue at public events and conferences
- awarding and assisting in the award of research projects
- publishing research and other materials
- developing and producing materials and concepts for education and training in European politics
- hosting seminars on European politics and policy
- cooperating with like-minded organizations
The IEP is a non-profit organization.
Click here for information on the IEP´s location.